As I mentioned in my housekeeping post of a few days ago, I’m considering adding my voice to the list of podcasts out there for those who enjoy that medium. I’ve never been on a podcast, much less conducted one, so I imagine it’s going to be a bit choppy for a while so bear with me. That said, here are my initial thoughts:
- I enjoy having conversations with interesting people about a number of topics so I envision that will be the format.
- The broad topics I have in mind are science, religion, politics, history, and current events so I will be seeking educators, writers, historians, politicians, faith-leaders, and activists from all walks of life.
- I want to time the podcast such that a person sitting in Atlanta traffic during their average commute can complete an entire episode in their round trip to and from work. That means if the data is to be trusted, I’ll shoot for an hour-long show (with a 10% margin of error)
- I have no idea how easy or difficult this will be to pull off so until then, I won’t know how many shows I will be able to produce. Stay tuned for the frequency.
- I need a NAME. I’m Southern – born and raised with family that go back generations in the South. I also think the South needs more representation in, shall we say, public intellectualism (we have quite a reputation to overcome), so I’m thinking something that combines those two ideas.
- Finally, my ultimate goal is to become just interesting enough to get an invite to the YouTube show Hot Ones, but not so much that I can’t walk around town without getting accosted! I’ll need your help to achieve this goal!